Tuttnauer 2340M Manual Autoclave – Tabletop (Brand new)
The Tuttnauer 2340M Manual Autoclave is one of Tuttnauer models available in two chamber sizes, all featuring automatic shut-off at the end of both sterilization and dry cycles, a long life electro-polished chamber and door, a double safety locking device, a front drain valve, and a dual safety thermostat.
The Tuttnauer 2340M Manual Autoclave is designed for the sterilization of wrapped and unwrapped instruments and related items found in dental, medical and veterinary clinics, first aid rooms, laboratories, etc. This autoclave is an electrically heated sterilizer using steam as the sterilizing agent. It is a manually operated device, with a control system based upon steam pressure.
The operator can select a sterilization temperature from within a range of 212 ºF – 273 ºF (100 ºC – 134 ºC). This allows for the sterilization of heat sensitive material at a low sterilization temperature, as well as providing for faster sterilization at higher temperatures for materials able to withstand the higher sterilization temperatures. All models feature an easy to use control panel. The machines are ruggedly built using 316L stainless steel, copper, brass, and aluminum. To guard against rusting, no iron components are used. All models include a drying system for wrapped items.
Tuttnauer 2340M Manual Autoclave Features
- Automatic Shut Off at the end of both the sterilization and dry cycles.
- A long life Electro Polished Chamber and door.
- Double Safety Locking device prevents door from opening while chamber is pressurized.
- Drain Valve is located on the front, allowing for quick and easy draining of water reservoir.
- Dual Safety Thermostat to protect against overheating.
- International certifications.
Tuttnauer 2340M Manual Autoclave Specifications
- Standard Unwrapped Cycle Time
- COLD: 27 mins
- HOT: 13 mins
- Overall Dimensions: 21.5″ D x 20” W x 14.4” H
- Size: 9″ Diameter x 18″ L
- Volume: 5 Gal (19 liters)
- Capacity: (2) FULL and (2) HALF Standard Cassettes
- Number of Trays: (3)
- Tray Dimensions: 16.3″ D x 6.7″ W x 0.8″ H
- Electrical: 120 V | 50-60 Hz | 12 A | 1,400 W
- Shipping Weight: 85 lbs.
Tuttnauer 2340M Manual Autoclave Safety Features
The safety features include a double-locking door mechanism (door-tightening bolt and locking bellows), a mechanical pressure relief valve, over temperature thermostats and a double pole circuit breaker.
Pressure Door Lock System (Door Bellow) – The Door Bellows is a safety device that prevents the autoclave door from opening when the chamber is pressurized. The system utilizes the buildup of pressure in the chamber to expand a flexible Silicon-rubber bellows. The bellows pushes a metal pin into a grove on the tightening bolt of the
Door Closing Device – This prevents the operator from opening the door when there is pressure in the chamber. When the steam is released, this bellow returns to its original position, drawing the pin with it and releasing the tightening bolt.